Wednesday, July 06, 2005

For being book tagged ...

Writing this blog with my poor memory is not as easy as to pick up a book to read .. But still, the list goes here ..

Books I own :
Around 50-75, in which Mathematics books dominate the number, they inlcude general math books along with very good text books..

Books taken from others but never given back ;) !!
4 or 5 which i liked very much, so that the giver didn't want to take back from me .. Thanks to Vikrant who is the actual owner of these books ! In a way these come under gifted ones ..

Prize Books :
8- 10 general mathematics books which i wanted to buy even otherwise .. A Mathematician's apology, Story of a number, Mathematical circles, How to solve it are some of them.

Gifted Books :
Thanks again to my good friends who made a good number to my little collection which has all kinds of my likings, ranging from Tyagaraja kritis, Ramakrishna kadhamrita, Shankaracharya's bhasya of Vishnu sahasranama to Zen speaks: shouts of Nothingness, Jonathon Livingston Seagull, Anne Frank : Diary of a young girl , Ignited minds and some math books .. Most of these have added a little more to my life...

Books I like : (feel like reading any number of times ...)
Gitanjali, Sanyasi... many of Tagore's creations have a high impact on me !
The story of my experiences with Truth(
The first book i bought), Vivekananda's Bhakti Yoga and In search of God among several others
Telugu :
Kritis of Annamacharya and Tyagaraja, Tiruppavai - Bhasyam by Sribhasyam Appalacharyulu, Amrita Veena by Krishna Sastry

Last book bought :
Road less travelled

Last book owned:
Tottochan (a nice little one)

Books in progress :
Letters to my friend by Tagore, Mathematical circles(both of these were started long ago ...)! Geometry and fourth dimension(may not complete this, though a good one )

Books that make zero sense to me :
Most of these are telugu books, of which i dont even remember the names properly ! thanks to my forgetfulness...

My most treasured books:
Gitanjali

Thanks to Ram who gave pleasure of recollecting all these treasures, though i thought tagging is stupid at first ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home